*Disclaimer: I was invited by Rocket Pure to test and review several of their products. I received a Friction Therapy Anti-Chafe Balm Stick and Natural Cedarwood Revive Foot and Shoe Deodorizing Powder. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
I do NOT have thigh separation.
I have NEVER had thigh separation in my ENTIRE life.
In fact, I come from a long line of strong, beautiful, athletic women who have never/will never see sunlight through the top of their legs.
What does that mean? In short, I’ll never be a supermodel (but at 5’3″ I was resigned to that a long time ago…) and I will ALWAYS need to lube up before a long run.
That being said, not all anti-chafe products are created equal.
For years, I utilized Body Glide – in part, because it was the ONLY product my local running stores carried. Body Glide is a good product. It almost always provided the anti-chafing support I needed.
Granted if you sweat enough and/or make enough potty stops during your long run and don’t reapply – well, there’s only so much a product can do for you if you don’t hold up your end of the bargain (i.e. reapply after you sweat/wipe all the product away…).
Delightfully Dopey Kimberly was asked by Rocket Pure to review their products and she brought me along for the ride. I was really excited until she exclaimed she thought of me “because you ALWAYS get monkey butt and, I HATE to tell you this (but it’s nothing you don’t already know) but your feet STINK.”
Yeah – love you too…but she ain’t wrong 😉 On top of the thigh-rubbing gene, I’m the recipient of a stinky foot gene. Woo-hoo – lucky me!
What I like about Rocket Pure
- Rocket Pure products are minimally processed with no artificial ingredients and they never use harsh or suspect chemicals such as parabens, sulphates, synthetic fragrances, dyes or genetically modified ingredients. I’m not an allergic person, so this just makes my tree-hugging side happy.
- They smell AMAZING. It doesn’t really sound that amazing at first, but the Friction Therapy Anti-Chafe Balm Stick has Tea Tree Oil. So what? HOURS after application, your lubed parts still smell like a spa. If you’ve ever run a marathon, you KNOW how amazing (and unusual) that really is. Seriously, my butt was the BEST smelling part of me after my last marathon. When was the last time you could say that?!?!
- They WORK! After trying the Friction Therapy Anti-Chafe Balm Stick during 2 marathons and 1 ultra I can say I did not have ANY trace of Monkey Butt. [What is Monkey Butt you ask? The resulting red rash that comes from your sweaty butt cheeks rubbing together. It is NO BUENO!). Additionally, adding the Natural Cedarwood Revive Foot and Shoe Deodorizing Powder to my running shoes before and after a run makes EVERYONE around me MUCH happier – especially if it’s a long race weekend and we’re all trapped in a hotel room with my used shoes…
- Rocket Pure Guarantee: 100% Satisfaction, or 100% Refund.
What I would like to see from Rocket Pure
- I would love a small, race belt sized version of the Friction Therapy Anti-Chafe Balm Stick that I could carry during races. Body Glide offers this and it’s great when you know you are going to run really far and/or have a race during extremely high heat, bad weather, etc. where re-application is going to be required.
- Availability in my local Arizona running stores. I’m happy to order online, but I’m not always that proactive – and being able to pick the product up locally helps when I space out and realize I’m out of product the night before a race…
Don’t just take MY word for it… Check out Kimberly’s review of Rocket Pure here.
Do you suffer from Monkey Butt or Funky Feet? Give Rocket Pure a try with 10% Off your order.
Rocket Pure – http://www.rocketpure.com/
Cedarwood foot and shoe powder – http://www.rocketpure.com/product/cedarwood-foot-and-shoe-deodorizing-powder/
Eucalyptus foot and shoe powder – http://www.rocketpure.com/product/cooling-eucalyptus-foot-and-shoe-deodorizing-powder/
Anti-chafe balm stick – http://www.rocketpure.com/product/friction-therapy-natural-anti-chafe-balm-stick/
Perfect Goofy Gail