Gail began getting active in 2005 with the goal of getting out of the house and loosing some weight.
Her first runDisney race was the 2005 Walt Disney World Olympic Distance Triathlon with Team in Training. A triathlon was appealing as it seemed less overwhelming as the swim, bike, and run portions of the race were broken into “manageable” distances.
Gail has such a great experience she registered for the Inaugural Goofy Challenge not long after completing this first event. The Inaugural Goofy Challenge was only Gail’s 2nd half marathon and 1st full marathon.
Today, Gail is closing in on 80 runDisney race medals – including all 9 Goofy Challenges, a perfect Coast to Coast Challenge streak, and 1 Dopey Challenge.
- First Race: 2005 OUC Half Marathon
- First runDisney Race: 2005 Walt Disney World Olympic Distance Triathlon
- Favorite Race: Walt Disney World Marathon
- Favorite Distance: Marathon
- Favorite Medal: 2013 Phoenix Rock and Roll Marathon (My Marathon PR!)
- Favorite runDisney Medal: 5th Anniversary Goofy Challenge
- Perfect runDisney Race Streaks: Goofy Challenge, Coast to Coast Challenge
Gail is a Marathon Maniac (#6655) and Half Fanatic (#3601) and regularly trains with Fleet Feet Tucson.
When not running, Gail enjoys all things tiki – especially Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room and Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar.
Past Race Calendars
- December: Fiesta Bowl Half Marathon
- November: Thanksgiving Cross-Country Classic – 5K; Turkey Day Beat the Meat – Half Marathon; Women’s Running Half Marathon
- September: TMC Saguaro National Park Labor Day Run – 8 Miles; Catalina State Park Reverse the Course Trail Run – 10.35 Miles
- August: Inaugural Disneyland Dumbo Double Dare (10K, Half Marathon); Disney’s Coast to Cost Challenge
- June: Old Sandwich Road Race – Half Marathon
- May: Ragnar Cape Cod
- April: Sabino Canyon Sunset Run – 7.4 Miles; Arizona Trail Race Gabe Zimmerman Trail Head – Half Marathon
- March: Rock and Roll USA Marathon; Arizona Distance Classic – Half Marathon
- February: Cat Foot Racing Trail Half
- January: Walt Disney World Goofy Challenge (Half Marathon/Full Marathon); Rock and Roll Arizona Marathon (My current marathon PR!)