Kimberly began running in 2008 with the single goal of crossing “running a marathon” off her bucket list. She choose the 2009 Walt Disney World Marathon as her “goal marathon.” Soon after she finished, she registered for the 2010 5th Anniversary Goofy Challenge and hasn’t looked back. Since then she has run 15 Marathons in 9 U.S. States and 25 Half Marathons. Kimberly has run over 35 runDisney races including 5 Goofy, 1 Dumbo, 1 Glass Slipper and 1 Dopey Challenge.
On July 8, 2013, at the age of 41, Kimberly was diagnosed with breast cancer. Because she had the BRCA2 breast cancer gene she decided to have a bi-lateral mastectomy with reconstruction. Recovery was tough, but she had the goal of getting to the start line of the Disneyland Half Marathon weekend. 30 days post op she ran the Disneyland 5k, 10k and Half Marathon!
During chemotherapy treatments she continued to run, completing two World Marathon Majors – the Chicago and New York City Marathons. She also completed the Dumbo Double Dare Challenge, the Goofy Challenge and the Dopey Challenge.
When Kimberly’s not crossing another race off her list, she enjoys traveling to theme parks, National Parks and Historic Sites. She likes to ski, hike and ride her bike with her family.
- First Race: 2008 Hartford Half Marathon
- First runDisney Race: 2009 Walt Disney World Marathon
- Favorite Race: Tinker Bell 5K
- Favorite Distance: Marathon
- Favorite Medal: 2013 Flying Pig Marathon
- Favorite runDisney Medal: 2013 Disneyland Family Fun 5K
Kimberly is a member of Team HMF, a RRCA certified coach for Hartford Marathon Foundation. She is a Marathon Maniac (#5446) and Half Fanatic (#4192) and member of the New York Road Runners, Glastonbury River Runners, Hartford Track Club and Hartford Extended Area Triathletes.
Kimberly also blogs at Maker Mother Marathon Runner.
Past Race Calendars
- January 10-13: Walt Disney World Marathon Goofy Challenge #4 (Half Marathon, Full Marathon), Family Fun Run5K
- February 23-24: Disney Princess Half Marathon, Royal Family Fun Run 5K
- March 24: Oleksak Lumber Half Marathon
- April 19: runDisney’s Castaway Cay 5K
- April 28: Cheshire Half Marathon
- May 4-5: Cincinnati Marathon 4-way (5k, 10K and Full Marathon)
- June 2: Rev3 Quassy 70.3
- June 23: Fairfield Half Marathon
- July 30: Atwood Stadium Race Duo 5K and 10K
- Aug 30-Sept 1: Disneyland Dumbo’s Double Dare (Half Marathon & 10K), Family Fun Run 5K, Kids Race
- September 15: Surftown Half, Rhode Island
- October 5: runDisney The Twilight Tower of Terror 10 Miler, Happy Haunted 5K Trail Run
- October 13: Chicago Marathon
- November 3: New York City Marathon
- November 8: runDisney Wine & Dine Half Marathon, Mickey’s Jingle Jungle 5K
- November 28: Manchester Road Race